February 16, 2016

Waterfalls

Waterfalls are a spectacular formation of nature.

Waterfalls are formed when flowing surface water drops vertically to a lower level. Waterfalls are usually formed in the upper course of a river. The force of descending water starts eroding the surface and pushing back the mouth of the falls.

Angel Falls in Venezeula have the largest uninterrupted drop in the world (876 meters).
CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=65920
 
 
By Heribert Dezeo (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons


The sight of a waterfall relaxes, soothes, inspires and even terrifies the human mind.
 
"The point is that when I see a sunset or a waterfall or something, for a split second it's so great, because for a little bit I'm out of my brain, and it's got nothing to do with me. I'm not trying to figure it out, you know what I mean? And I wonder if I can somehow find a way to maintain that mind stillness."
 
 "Chris Evans." BrainyQuote.com. Xplore Inc, 2016. 16 February 2016.